Kathmandu International Airport formerly known as Tribhuvan International Airport is only the International Airport in Nepal from where foreigners can get through by Air. Foreigners who travel to Nepal must have tourist visa. Tourist visa can be obtained either on arrival at the entry point to Nepal or in advance at Nepalese Embassy or Diplomatic Mission in their home country. The passport must be valid at least six months after the proposed date of entry. These are the points from where you can get Visa on Arrival. Visa on Arrival is not applicable to all nationalities.
1. Kathmandu International Airport, Kathmandu
2. Kakarvitta, Jhapa District, Eastern Nepal
3. Birgunj, Parsa District, Central Nepal,
4. Kodari, Sindhupalchowk District, Northern Border (For group tourists only)
5. Belahia, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi District, Western Nepal, Sunauli Border
6. Jamunaha, Nepalgunj, Banke District, Mid-Western Nepal
7. Mohana, Dhangadhi, Kailali District, Far Western Nepal
8. Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur District, Far Western Nepal
TOURIST VISA FEES (Applicable from 17th July, 2019):
15 Days Multiple Visa: USD 30/-
30 Days Multiple Visa: USD 50/-
90 Days Multiple Visa: USD 100/-
within Valid Visa Period: USD 3/- per day
Visa Extension after Visa Expiry Period: USD 5/- per day
Visa Extension (With Multiple Entry): Extra USD 25/-
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA
1. A valid passport for at least 6 months.
2. One passport size photo with light background.
3. Only cash payment of Euro, USD, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hongkong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
4. Debit Card, Credit Card, Online Payment and other currency than above mentioned are not accepted.
NO VISA FOR INDIAN NATIONALS
Indian Nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal. However, as per the Nepal Immigration, they must have any of the following Documents,
1. Valid Passport
2. Election Commission Card
GRATIS VISA (FREE VISA)
Once in a year, South Asian Countries like Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan get gratis visa for 30 days and can be extended from the Department of Immigration upon the payment of visa extension fees.
VISA FOR CHINESE NATIONALS
Gratis Visa is provided by the Nepal Immigration to all Chinese National from 5th January, 2016.
ADVANCE VISA REQUIREMENT
All the travelers from countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, and Syria need to get Visa in Advance from the Nepalese Embassy or Diplomatic Mission in their respective countries as they are not facilitated with Visa on Arrival by the Nepalese Immigration.
Tourist can stay for a maximum period of 150 days in one visa year, 1st January to 31st December.
For Visa extension and other visa related information, one can visit Immigration offices in,
Kathmandu: The Department of Immigration Office, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu 44600.
Cell: +977 984-3545431
Tel: +977 1 4429660, +977 1 4438862, +977 1 4438868, +977 1 4433934
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Pokhara: Immigration Office, Sahid Chowk, Pokhara.
Tel: + 977 61 465167